Terms & Conditions
CAMPERMATE CAMPERVAN ADVENTURE PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter is CamperMate from Outdoria Group ABN 77 605 113 835 of Base Camp, Suite 4, Level 10, 189 Kent Street, Sydney, 2000.
Terms and conditions
2. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Who can enter:
3. Entry is open to anyone in Australia or New Zealand aged 18 years or over. As the prizes can only be taken in Australia or New Zealand. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. AU Promotion commences on 21/12/2020 and runs until 11:59pm AEDT on 28/01/2021 unless otherwise ended sooner by the Promoter (“Promotional Period”) and winner drawn at 10am AEDT on the 29/01/21. The NZ Promotion commences on 21/12/2020 and runs monthly until 11:59pm AEDT on 31/03/2021 unless otherwise ended sooner by the Promoter (“Promotional Period”). With NZ monthly draws taking place on the following dates: 29/01/2021, 26/02/2021 & 31/03/2021 at 10am AEDT.
How To Enter
5. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
6. To enter, individuals must, during one of the Monthly Promotional Periods,
a) Download the CamperMate App from the iOS App Store or Android Play Store to get the “Codeword” that will be mentioned at the top of the “Explore Tab” in the app
b) Follow the prompts on the Explore Tab to click through to the entry page which is:
https://www.campermate.com.au/win-a-campervan-escape for AU entrants and https://www.campermate.co.nz/win-a-campervan-escape for NZ entrants
c) Then input the requested details into the online entry form (including full name, address, telephone number and email address);
d) Where indicated add in the codeword from the app
e) When prompted, prepare and submit a response to the following question: “tell us in 150 words or less about where you would go and what you would get up to if you won this Prize Package”; and
f) Submit the fully completed online entry form
7. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person per month.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be addressed by the Promoter in its sole discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete, wrong codewords or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the entrant will be allowed to continue participating in the Promotion.
Judging the entries
11. The entries will be judged at the Promoter’s Premises on the above stated monthly draw dates at 10am AEDT.
12. Entries will be judged by an internal panel of judges appointed by the Promoter (“Judges”) at the Promoter’s Premises. The Judges will select the winner (“Winner”) by determining the entry that provides the best and most original (as deemed by the Judges) answer to the competition question “tell us in 150 words or less where you would go and what you would get up to if you win the major Prize Package” and that has otherwise satisfied all elements of the Entry Requirements such as the correct codeword also being entered. (“Competition Criteria”).
13. The Winner will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the Judges selecting the winner and will be published on the Promoter’s website at the following address www.campermate.com.au or www.campermate.co.nz (“Website”).
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Judges may select one (1) or more additional reserve entries and record them in order of which entries best satisfy the Competition Criteria in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is selected as the Winner or the winner does not claim their prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (“Reserve Entries”).
Prize Details – First Prize (AU: One-Off Prize, NZ: drawn Monthly for 3 Months)
16. The Winner will win a Britz Discovery Motorhome (4-Berth) rental for up to 21 continuous days, if the winner so chooses to take the full period. Some blackout dates may apply based on time of year and van availability at the time of booking the travel dates. Only one prize redemption travel period can be taken for the prize, in other words it can not be split over different periods of the year and must be taken as one continuous period. Included is also Full Liability Reduction Option (liability reduced to Nil). The value of the prize is up to $6,000, with the value fluctuating based on normal peak/shoulder/low season rate changes. If a Discovery van is not available for the period that the winner chooses to travel in, The Promoter reserves the right to offer a replacement van of equal size (min 4-berth) for that period based on overall van availability at the time of booking dates.
17. Also includes the following items: $1,000 towards parks/campsites/activities (CamperMate credits), $1,000 towards fuel and food, $1,000 Outdoor & Adventure Store Gift Card (BCF, MacPac, Anaconda or equivalent)
18. Total First Prize Value is up to $8,500 including all prize packs.
Prizes – Other Details.
19. Additional travel insurance, options and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be contacted to find out when they intend to take the prize and where they intend to pick up the motorhome from.
20. Prize must be redeemed (booked) within 12 months of being awarded the prize and travel must be taken within 18 months of the prize award date.
21. The winner will also need to sign all the standard motorhome rental agreement forms as well at the time of picking up the motorhome.
22. If the Winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the Prize in their own name, then the winner may assign the Prize to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the Winner and the assignee. The Winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the Prize is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
23. If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or part of the Prize) with a prize in equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable (other than as set out in paragraph 18) or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
24. Unclaimed Prize – The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify the Winner in an attempt to ensure that the Winner receives their Prize. However, if the Winner cannot be identified or does not claim the Prize within three (3) months of the date on which the Winner is published on the Website, their Prize is forfeited and will be awarded to the first Reserve Entry.
25. A Winner of an unclaimed Prize will be determined and notified in accordance with the Reserve Entry instructions set out in paragraph 15.
Publicity & Content
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they win the Prize (including any photographs, film recording and/or voice recording of the ame) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
27. In the event that the Promoter requests content from the winners experience with the prize on their travel adventure, through photos, videos or written content to use as promotional material at a future date or immediately the Winner acknowledges that the Promoter may use that content without compensation.
Tampering with the Promotion
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
Limitation of liability
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or New Zealand or (“ Non-Excludable Guarantees ”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the Prize.
31. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
32. All entrants warrant that they have all necessary rights and ownership of any material submitted as part of their entry into this Promotion and that such material is not capable of infringing the intellectual property rights of a third party. By entering into the Promotion all entrants consent to, and grant the Promoter a royalty free, world-wide, non-exclusive and perpetual licence to use the written & visual assets and exploit the underlying intellectual property rights in the material by:
a) sharing the assets on all of the Promoter’s digital media platforms including but not limited to Instagram and Facebook, as well as the Promoter’s website and the app;
b) including the assets in presentations and materials provided to internal stakeholders, for the purposes of:
I. promoting the Promotion and the products featured in the Prize; and
II. reporting on, and promoting the Promotion to the Promoter’s internal stakeholders and sponsors.
33. Entrants acknowledge and agree that if their written or visual assets are used by the Promoter at any time including during the Promotional Period that such use is not an indication or endorsement by the Promoter that the entrant has provided an entry that is capable of winning the Promotion.
34. Any use by the Promoter of an entrant’s submitted entry assets will simply be to promote the Promotion, the products forming the Prize and to increase engagement with the Promotion.
37. By submitting their details and email address, all entrants agree to being opted-in to The Promoter’s marketing email database of which they can opt-out from at any stage after receiving any emails from The Promoter.
Termination of Promotion
38. The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Promotion at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.